Just gi'me the facts ma'am!
Well, here are some facts for you to ponder. This is NO JOKE! These kind of facts show that youth need answers to life's questions just as much as adults do.
In the United States -
1. 9 out of 10 youth say there is no absolute truth.
2. 1 out of 3 teenagers has been drunk within the last month.
3. 1 out of 4 teenagers uses illegal drugs.
4. 1 out of 11 teens attempt suicide.
5. 1 every six hours succeeds.
6. 90% of teens admit to having watched pornography while doing homework.
7. 1 out of every 2 high school seniors is sexually active.
8. By the time the average teen graduates high school they will have watched 19,000 hours of TV, including about 20,000 sexual acts, and 1 million acts of violence.
9. 8,000 teens contract an STD every day.
10. 1 million teens are pregnant right now.
11. 750,000 teens have abortions every year.
12. 1 in 10 females have reported being raped at some point in their life.
13. Most Christians make their decision for Christ before turning 20.
14. We are in the middle of the largest generation in the United States - 71 million. 33 million of them are teenagers
15. 60% of teens say they would attend church if someone would invite them.